Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

New Bedroom



    Here's a glimpse of my kitty Radius relaxing in my - mostly - new master bedroom. I've been dying to fix it up for the longest! The painting was done months ago, but that's as far as I got. But then a couple weeks ago the fiancee and I bought a new headboard and frame, and that sparked the redecorating effort. I love the bright white headboard against the charcoal walls, and the new taller bed (the old one was a low platform "Malm"from Ikea) is perfect sitting under a collection of old and new artwork (yikes, they are looking a bit crooked here!)



    Remember the pineapple lamp and round table from my guest bedroom? I decided they were too cute to stay hidden away in a not-often-used room, so I brought them upstairs and gave them a new home! The little bench under the window was found at a thrift store recently - I covered the seat in a scrap of pink velvet (the same velvet I used for my guest bedroom headboard!) Now it's the perfect spot to rest a purse and maybe a new pair of shoes...



    A close-up of my little bedside table. The lamp is from K-Mart, simply sprayed a glossy apple green. The cat paperweight is from John Derian and the fish figurines are Jonathan Adler. Meanwhile, I highly recommend Fabulous Fakes by Carole Tanenbaum. If you love vintage jewelry like I do, you will LOVE this book. Gorgeous photography... eye-popping jewelry!


    The bedding is one of my favorite things about the room. Sometimes you just want something colorful and feminine and nothing else will do. I considered something from the fab new Orla Kiely line, but I wasn't in the mood for simple and modern. I think these sheets from Ralph Lauren's "Belle Harbour" collection are heaven - they are the perfect bold, vintage floral and they're soft as can be. Also, the rick rack-trimmed shams are from Anthro, the quilt is from HomeGoods, and the mod knit pillow is from Urban Outfitters.



    Finally, I have to share these adorable painted storage baskets that I found at HomeGoods. They are made like boxes and are perfect for holding scarves, magazines, and whatever else needs concealing!  Cute, don't you think?! (p.s the platform peep-toe heels are Marni, via Neiman Marcus Last Call...)

    Soon I will share more photos of the room. Next time I will try to get better angles so you all can get a better sense of the entire space...

Total Pageviews