Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Nail Polish Gone Green!

    Over the past few weeks I have been hearing SOOO much about Green Polish. Between St. Patty's day, and O.P.I's Launch of "Jade is the New Black" which is part of their Hong Kong Collection; I've been seeing green EVERYWHERE!

    At Lift we weren't carrying anything even remotely similar, which caused some major curiosity and total ENVY!


    So I did some research and found:
     
    "Jade is the New Black" By OPI

    and 
    "Wandering Vine" By Orly 
    *(I have always been loyal to Orly because they are free of DBP, Formaldehyde, and Toluene.)

    Here's the truth: it has taken me a LONG time to get on this Green Band Wagon because I'm not the biggest fan of Green/Blue polishes. I can't seem to put my finger on what it is that bothers me about these colours as polish, but I know they are super HOT right now!

    So I gave "Wandering Vine," a shot, to see what all the Hype was about...


    I absolutely LOVED the colour in the bottle... but when I finished my polish change I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that I spent the time doing it, with this colour! Don't get me wrong, it is definitely pretty, I just don't think it's fitting for a nail lacquer. 
    I generally use this colour for home decor items or MAYBE an eye liner...

    My review: 
    The Product it self is flawless; smooth, rich, creamy and super easy to apply. *Just like ALL Orly Polish.
    The Colour; Not for me... my nails sparked conversation with clients... but most of them admitted that they wouldn't sport it themselves!
    Looks like Lift Beauty Boutique wont be following this trend!


    Here's the truth, the only one RAVING about my Green nails was my BF! When he saw my nails a silly little smile crept over his face and he said; "Good Work E, you're showing support for the Boston Celtics!" (He's a major fan of the team!) I let him believe that I used this colour just for HIM and the Celtics!
    Hahaha, Funny Man I have! Xo

    What do you think about this Green Trend?

Total Pageviews