Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Memory.

    "We all have our time machines. Some bring us back, they're called memories. Some bring us forward, they're called dreams." - Jeremy Irons


    Today was another summer's movie night with my friends. We watched various movies/shows, Beetlejuice, Invader Zim, Happy Tree Friends, and my favorite, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The last one is about memory and fate.

    Short summary : Clementine erases her memory of Joel, her boyfriend, because of something he did (they weren't getting along for a while and broke up, and she's impulsive so she erased her memory of him). Joel finds out, goes to erase his memory of her, as sort of revenge, and then finds he still loves her and tries to stop the memory-erasing process. After Joel wakes up, he goes about his life as usual, not remembering Clementine, but finds her again on his way to work, and start again (as strangers kind of).

    This has me thinking; if the option was available to me, would I erase certain memories of mine? I've been thinking about it for a while, since the first time I saw this movie, and the answer is still yes. I know I could "dramatically alter my future" as so many say, but I don't want to erase all my memories of any certain subject, just a few. The ones I really hate to remember.

    I know many of you will say, "but your memories/pain/experiences are what make you stronger for the future, they help you learn." But honestly, I don't see how taking away a few of these memories will change me at all, how they'd make me weaker, anything. I guess I'll never know until I find out, but I can only experience one way of this thing, and that's to remember.

    But, as the quote says, "...Some bring us forward, they're called dreams." And I guess my dream is to forget some of those memories. Though its already been a long while, I guess I'll have to wait longer until that dream comes true.

    So, if given the option, who would erase a few of their memories? Which of you wouldn't? Why?

    P.S - I highly suggest you watch this movie.

Total Pageviews