Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Fashion.

    "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to change it every six months." - Oscar Wilde



    I'm on Blogger everyday, in the Coffee Shop. There, you can share your blogs and talk with the recently admitted mental patients. (I kid, I kid.)

    All I've been seeing lately is, "Just made a fashion blog, come check it out!" over, and over, and over, and over...
    It's getting played out, really. And kind of annoying. A few of them I do check out, however. And I'll admit I'm following a fashion/beauty blog myself (See here SoyConfessions).

    However, the majority of the fashion blogs I see these kids post are about top fashion, the kind you only see on runways and huge fancy fashion shows, and yet never see people wear on the streets.

    This has me thinking... (derp that's why I'm writing this) which fashion designers are truly the most successful with their lines of clothing? The department store (JCPennys, Macys, Mervyns [RIP], Kohls, etc) fashion, or the run way fashion designers? (Don't know any top designers, soryy).

    Department Store fashion : These are sold in stores world wide (mostly), everyone gets their clothes here (mostly), it's easily accessible, it's trendy, and it's always up to date with the seasons new line. (Not that I follow that, or anything.)

    Millions, billions, of people buy this shit. So, the designers who are sold there should be pretty well off.

    Runway Fashion : These are the cloths you only see on runways. You know, those weird concoctions of oddly shaped clothing that no one would ever wear in public, but ooze over on the sidelines? I'll show you a few samples. (I just typed in "runway fashion" into Google Images and this is what I found. Don't sue me.)


    Honestly, would any of you actually wear this stuff in public? No? Thought so.
    Now I'm not harpin' on anyones clothing designs, don't mistake me. I'm just wondering how the hell these designers make any money off of these designs. First off, usually they're ridiculously priced. Ridiculous prices to look ridiculous!

    Sorry I just like that word.

    Anyway, these clothes cost more than your car payment, and so does putting together the fashion show in general. Do enough people actually buy from these guys to make enough to keep going...?

    I just don't get it.

    Anyway, I guess fashion blogs are alright. Though the ones where it's stuff you'd wear on a daily basis are probably going to be more popular than the ones that just talk about this kind of fashion.

    Toodles.

Total Pageviews