Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

hello, ikat!

    I've been on a bit of a decorating tear lately. This week, it's been all about the guest bedroom/office. How great are these ikat curtains?

    Photobucket

    I made them in about 1 hour last night, using this fabulous $5/yard ikat (from Jo-Mar, the most awesome fabric store ever, for those of you who live in Philly) and a roll of Stitch Witchery. I'm calling this room my 48-hour project. A year ago it was a super cute little bedroom and office. But due to laziness and storage issues, it turned into a giant, messy closet and has gone mostly untended since our wedding. 

    Photobucket

    But since Wednesday, I've cleaned out the boxes and junk and refreshed the whole space using decorative objects I had lying around the house. I did a quick recover of the headboard (please ignore the ugly air vent above it), using a scrap of fabric found at an Urban Outfitters sample sale. The pink and orange pillow came from that sale too -$3 - yay! - and the small peacock pillow was made for my wedding. The framed print is from Lulaland and was a wonderful shower gift that had yet to find a home.

    Photobucket

    The Tord lamp and the Thomas Paul pillow were holdovers from the original version of the room, and the office supplies are from the Container Store and those adorable Liberty-esque storage boxes are from the Christmas Tree Shop.

    Photobucket

    I still have a few more things to do - clean up the craft corner and organize my desk - but it's coming along nicely I think. The best thing though is just having a bright, colorful, pattern-filled space to enjoy...

Total Pageviews